The Brant County Health Unit provides sexual health education, promotes healthy decisions, and provides a confidential comfortable environment for discussing sexual health. We provide a safe and inclusive space for all.
The Brant County Health Unit's sexual health clinic CURRENTLY offers the following services:
- STI urine screening and treatment for chlamydia and gonorrhea
- Plan B (emergency contraception)
- Plan B can also be purchased at pharmacies
- Low-cost birth control for those under 35 years of age
- Urine pregnancy testing
- Pregnancy options counselling
- Free condoms and barrier devices
- Sexual health and safer sex practices counselling
If you have a family doctor, please utilize them for sexual health services.
The following services are NOT provided by the sexual health clinic at this time:
Blood borne infection (BBI) testing (Hepatitis, Syphilis, and HIV)
Liquid nitrogen for the treatment of HPV (genital warts)
HSV testing and treatment
IUD insertion and removal
Family doctors, nurse practitioners or University/College Student Health Services can also provide sexually transmitted and blood borne infection (STBBI) testing and treatment, pap tests and birth control.
For urgent matters, please seek your nearby urgent care centre or emergency department.