A needle exchange is a place where you can pick up free kits for safer injection drug use and safer inhalation (e.g., crack smoking). Needle exchanges give out these kits so people do not share drug use equipment. This will help to reduce infections like HIV or Hepatitis C.
A needle exchange is a confidential service. You only need to give basic information about yourself (e.g., first name, age, preferred drug).
You can find the needle exchange at three places:
- St Leonard's Community Services: 225 Fairview Drive, Unit #1, Brantford
- 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- St. Leonard's Community Services: 133 Elgin Street, Brantford
- Monday to Friday
- 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- The Brantford Clinic: 205 Colborne Street, Brantford
- Monday 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Tuesday to Friday 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Closed Saturday and Sunday
* Hours of operation are subject to change.