Sign In
environmental health section

Environmental Health

We help manage health hazard complaints at public places and facilities by investigating indoor air quality and mould, and monitoring extreme weather conditions.

Such public facilities may include:

  • Daycare and day camp facilities
  • Lodging homes and boarding homes
  • Long-term care homes and group homes
  • Public arenas
  • Recreational camps
  • Schools
  • Seasonal farm worker accommodations

If you have a public health hazard concern, please call an inspector at 519-753-4937 ext. 470.

Indoor Air Quality

We assess indoor air quality by determining the hazard, exposure areas, levels of exposure, and the number of people affected.


We provide information about mou​ld in public places and residential buildings. If you have mould concerns please call 519-753-4937 ext. 470 to speak with an inspector.

Extreme Weather Alerts

Inspectors monitor weather forecasts and issue extreme weather alerts.

For emergency accommodation or services, call:

  • Outreach Program: 519-759-3330 (during regular business hours)
  • Victim Services of Brant: 519-752-3140 (after hours and on weekends)

Environmental Health
519-753-4937 ext. 470

Extreme Weather Assistance​​

Outreach Program
519-759-3330 (during regular business hours)

Victim Services of Brant
519-752-3140 (after hours and on weekends)