Brant County Health Unit is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
We will take the following steps to notify the public and staff that, when requested, Brant County Health Unit will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired:
- Develop policies on availability of job accommodations for employees to ensure accommodation is suitable;
- Notify job applicants when participating in the selection process that accommodations are available upon request; and
- Notify successful candidates of the policies for accommodating employees with disabilities.
Brant County Health Unit will take the following steps to develop and put in place a process for developing individual accommodation plans and return-to-work policies for employees that have been absent due to disability:
- Expand the current practice of developing individual accommodations for employees with disabilities; and
- Expand the current return to work process for employees who have been absent from work due to a disability and require disability-related accommodations;
- Inform employees of changes in existing policies on the provision of job accommodations
We will take the following steps to ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities needs are taken into account if Brant County Health Unit is using performance management, career development and redeployment processes:
- Expand current practices to take into account the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities.
Brant County Health Unit will put the following procedures in place to prevent service disruptions to its accessible parts of its public spaces.
In the event of a service disruption, we will notify the public of the service disruption and alternatives available via our website, telephone automated messaging, use of answering services and or local media as necessary.