Infant Hearing Program
Hearing screening identifies babies who may be at risk for hearing loss as early as possible. The sooner hearing loss is identified, the better.
If you are discharged from hospital on the weekend, or if your baby needs a follow-up screen, you should register for your baby's infant hearing screen by phoning 1-866-826-4327 ext. 221.
Effective September 1, 2019 the hearing screens are conducted by the Central South Infant Hearing Program. The Infant Hearing Clinics are held are at the EarlyON Child and Family Centre, 30 Bell Lane, Brantford.
In preparation for your visit:
- Please bring an OHIP card with you to the appointment.
- It is okay if your baby is asleep when you arrive for the appointment. Your baby should be relaxed.
- Please ensure you bring items with you that will comfort your baby or be prepared to breastfeed.
- Do not put any cream or lotion on your baby's head, or behind the ears the day of the appointment.
- If your baby is congested or unwell please call to re-schedule as this may interfere with the test result.
- Although tests are often completed quickly, please be prepared to stay for the allotted 30 minutes if necessary.
To learn more infant hearing screening, please visit the links and resources below.