Infant Hearing Program
Hearing screening identifies babies who may be at risk for hearing loss as early as possible. The sooner hearing loss is identified, the better.
If you are discharged from hospital after business hours, on the weekend, or if your baby needs a follow-up hearing screen, you can register for your baby's infant hearing screen online. The hearing screen is conducted by a Public Health Nurse at the EarlyOn Child and Family Centre, 30 Bell Lane, Brantford.
In preparation for your visit:
- Please bring an OHIP card with you to the appointment.
- It is okay if your baby is asleep when you arrive for the appointment. Your baby should be relaxed.
- Please ensure you bring items with you that will comfort your baby (i.e. soother, bottle or be prepared to breastfeed).
- Do not put any cream or lotion on your baby's head, or behind the ears the day of the appointment.
- If your baby is congested or unwell please call us at 519-753-4937 ext. 438 to re-schedule as this may interfere with the test result.
- Although tests are often completed quickly, please be prepared to stay for the allotted 30 minutes if necessary.
To learn more infant hearing screening, please visit the links and resources below.